a. Testes (Two).
The testes are two almond-shaped glands whose features are for the production of sperm and testosterone.
You are watching: Why are the male testes located in the scrotum, outside the abdominopelvic cavity?
The testes space suspended in the scrotal sac exterior the abdominopelvic cavity. It is believed that the testes lie external the body cavity due to the fact that they are an extremely sensitive come heat and the higher temperature in ~ the human body is unfavorable come the production of sperm.
Each testis is enclosed by a tough, white fibrous capsule called the tunica albuginea. Extension of the capsule divides it into a huge number of lobes. Every lobe contains four strict coiled seminiferous tubules (this is the location of actual sperm production). The seminiferous tubules empty sperm right into the testicular network wherein they travel to the epididymis. The epididymis is located exterior of the testis (see figures 1-8 and 1-9).
b. Duct System.
The duct system is the passageway because that the sperm to exit the body. It has the epididymis and also the vas deferens. (1) Epididymis. The epididymis is a coiled tube about 20 inches long. It caps the superior component of the testis and runs under its posterior side. It creates the an initial part that the duct system and also provides a short-term storage site for immature sperm.
When the masculine is sexually stimulated, the walls of the epididymis contract come expel sperm into the next part of the duct system. (2) Vas deferens (ductus deferens). The sperm continue their journey through the vas deferens. The vas deferens runs upwards indigenous the epididymis through the inguinal canal into the pelvic cavity and also arches over the bladder (see figure 1-8). The is enclosed with blood vessels and also nerves in a connective tissue sheath, which is referred to as a spermatic cord. The vas deferens empties right into the ejaculatory duct the carries the sperm v the procedure to empty right into the urethra.
c. Accessory Glandular Structure.
The accessory glandular structure includes the seminal vesicles, prostate gland, Cowper’s glands, and the penis.
(1) Seminal vesicles. The two seminal vesicles are pouches that store sperm. Sixty percent of fluid volume of semen (seminal fluid) is created there. The secretion is well-off in sugar (fructose), which nourishes and activates the sperm passing v the tract.
(2) Prostate gland. The prostate gland is a solitary gland around the size and also shape of a chestnut. It encircles the top area of the urethra just listed below the bladder. That secretes a milky alkaline fluid, which has the duty in protecting the sperm versus acid conditions of the vagina.
(3) Cowper’s glands. The cowper’s glands space tiny pea-sized glands worse to the prostate. They type a thick, clear mucus, i m sorry drains right into the urethra. The secretion is believed to serve primarily as a lubricant during sexual intercourse.
(4) Penis. The prick is a cylinder-shaped organ located externally on the mons pubis, immediately above the scrotum. That is do of erectile tissue through cavern-like spaces in it. At the time of sexual excitement, blood fills these spaces, changing the soft, limp penis to an enlarged, rigid, erect organ.
The smooth lid of the penis is called the glans penis and is spanned by a fold of loosened skin that develops the headlock foreskin. Surgical removal that this foreskin, called circumcision, is typically performed. The penis additionally serves as part of the urinary tract in the male.
This food is plan for usage by those in maintain to end up being nursing and medical professionals.
\"Obstetric and Newborn care I\" to be originally emerged by the U.S army Medical Department, for their medical personnel. It has actually been reformatted and augmented by the Brookside Associates for wider distribution.
The content may not be appropriate for perceptible viewers or children, as we use medical education and learning grade images, videos, and also text that some may uncover disturbing.
While this material may be an extremely useful come students of the wellness sciences, completion of this food does not imply competence or certification.
I welcome visitors to this website who have no parenting or medical background. I understand you could be considering a parenting career, or room seeking nursing info for yourself or a family member. Or you might simply be curious.
I\"m glad you\"re here, and also hope you uncover what you room seeking.
The information provided through this website is indigenous a range of sources, yet primarily the U.S. Army Medical Department.
1. The Brookside Associates does not necessarily endorse or agree with all of the clinical opinions expressed, as those opinions belong to the authors.
2. The information listed in this course was believed by its\" authors to be fairly accurate and also reliable once it was first published. Since then, clinical knowledge and also clinical experience has expanded. Consequently, some of the opinions expressed below may be out of date, or would be phrased in different way if created today.
3. Throughout the background of medicine, several of what was once thought to it is in correct, has actually later been shown to be incorrect.
4. Referrals to armed forces settings or military clinical procedures might not it is in applicable to civilian situations.
See more: Who Is Cicones In The Odyssey, What Is The Cicones In The Odyssey
All the these limitations should be thought about in reviewing the materials of this website.