You are watching: Lisa left eye lopes ethnic background
1) Cuban musician Gloria Estefan has been sincerely energetic in providing global health, specifically helping those who suffer from paralysis-related illnesses. A paralysis-sufferer herself, the “Conga” songstress started The Gloria Estefan foundation in 1997 as a way to empower”the youth by financial assistance for great health, cultural development and education.
2) mexico singer Thalía, recognized in American music markets for she Fat Joe-assisted “I desire You,” has been a charitable key in giving earlier to underprivileged women and children native Latin American countries. Her more familiar feat comes from participation as a spokeswoman and ambassador for global campaign march of Dimes, one initiative that educates and also funds the emerging Latin American people of hazardous premature births,
3) Puerto Rican-Cape Verdean hip-hop icon Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes not just served as a member that R&B trio TLC yet has additionally held philanthropic ties with organizations alleviating AIDS, together giving ago to worldwide ones concerned with poverty. Lopes’ many profound support roles obtained from she donative unit Lisa Lopes Foundation, an organization that gives shelter and also necessities to occurring Honduran sites.
4) Puerto Rican actress and also choreographer Rosie Perez is certainly synonymous v addressing wellness awareness statements, specifically in issue to the discussion of HIV/AIDS. Widening herself from an inner-city educator to a global spokesperson, the “In love Color” choreographer has actually been massively energetic in endorsing AIDS-related fundraisers and providing an international education that the sexual an illness by assistance of her duty in the Presidential Advisory the supervisory board on HIV/AIDS (PACHA), as appointed by president Barack Obama.
5) Honduran entertainer America Ferrera, ideal known for her televised title function as “Ugly Betty,” first explored her philanthropic skills when she participated through Aquafresh White Trays to provide immediate dental treatment to females in need. Due to the fact that her “fresh mouth” spot, Ferrera has functioned in connect with other celebrities in combating AIDS and cancer, and has more notably collaborated with programs like global “Save the Children” and Hispanic heritage Foundation-associated “READ: refugees Enrichment and Development” come enhance education for the impoverished; the former notably elevating funds to construct schools in Mali.
6) Mexican film starlet Salma Hayek has noted a passionate take on helping battered ladies of every ages around the world. Among her many high-profiled recognitions include her $75,000 donation to Mexican-operated charity units that minimize domestic hardships in northeastern areas of Mexico. Hayek has more notably co-founded CHIME for a readjust and its Syrian-based plan to improve lives like those hailing indigenous the Middle eastern who have actually been displaced by brutal conflict.
7) significantly known for she filming duties as Gail in “Sin City” and Chelsea Brown in the current “Top Five,” Puerto Rican-Cuban actress Rosario Dawson has actually taken component in programs that enrich African stays for a socially- and also domestically-healthy cause. Native attending a 2005 United countries conference come promote ecological preservation as a poverty eliminator, the “Men in black color II” co-star has actually been a frequent advocate because that the an international “V-Day campaign,” a activity that stop violence versus women; moreover, Dawnson has actually launched several initiatives that take on native Africans who specialize in fashion or design.
8) Renowned mexican singer and former X-Factor referee Paulina Rubio has actually led a middle philanthropic trace in shielding Latinos from sexual conditions like HIV/AIDS. Appointed together the then-newest “Madrina” for the Latino board of directors on AIDS in 2007, the “Boys will certainly Be Boys” musician stays a vast component in initiating safe sex projects geared in the direction of a Latino audience, not only from the Latino Commission, but also for accompanying international nonprofits choose the Elton john AIDS Foundation.
9) pop culturally known for she sexual-liberating role as Gabrielle the “Desperate Housewives,” mexico starlet Eva Longoria has been concerned as among the top philanthropists, an especially for her huge achievements in giving earlier to a huge number of communities. Longoria’s most known charitable causes generally include her involvement with Padres Contra El Cancer and Eva’s Heroes, the latter which boosts developmentally challenged children. More on, Longoria has provided an international awareness through her Eva Longoria money (ELF), i beg your pardon supports children of any type of ethnic background who suffer from health-related problems.
10) Finally, the hatchet humanitarian is not totally defined there is no the mentioning of famous Colombian singer Shakira, who has been featured as a spokeswoman because that a number of foundations that give back in millions. The “Whenever, Wherever” artist’s really own organization, Barefoot Foundation, has produced over 5 schools and also implemented appropriate nutritional and also educational accessibility to end 30,000 native Colombian families since its start in 2007.
See more: Difference Between Corned Beef And Roast Beef Brisket And Corned Beef
With the assist of this 10 gracious Latina “sheroes,” the arising world can just it is in a few steps closer in getting to the hopeful of anyone living stably, without financial or health pertains to posing as deathly restraints.
– Jeff Varner
Sources: TreeHugger, BORGEN, esmas, PRNewswire 1, san Antonio Express-News, PRNewswire 2, conserve the Children, USATODAY.com, California ar Foundation, shape Magazine, TakePart, thuglifearmy.com, Los Angeles Times, VeroNews, BMI.comPhoto: Billboard